Theme: The Community
1. For individual members of our family, name them and pray for them individually.
2. For worries and concerns they may have. Exams and the results.
3. Those members who may have an illness or disability.
4. Your wider family, who may not be so close.
5. For yourself, offering not only your joys but your frustrations, your anger and anguish.
6. Asking how do my family affect me and not only with my relationship with God but also how God affects my relationship with them?
7. Give thanks and praise for the joys of family life.
Lord be our strength in hours of weakness, when we wander be our guide. Father be with us when we stumble always at our side. Amen
8. My neighbours, those I know and those I know less well.
9. My friends and their families.
10.The groups and clubs I belong to, the people I meet there, those that help to run them.
11. Individuals who have an illness or disability and those who care for them.
12. The nurses and other health professionals working in the community.
13. The future of our hospital and the staff working there.
14. People who have recently been in hospital and are still feeling unwell.
15. Those who feel lonely and isolated.
Lord be close and guide me in all I do and say each day. Amen
Theme: The Church
Theme: Ourselves and for the fruits of the Spirit
16. The Church, the ministers, the lay people working and worshiping there.
17. The people organising the various holiday activities.
18. Other churches in Epsom and Ewell. Churches together and the project for the homeless.
19.People who are not able to worship freely.
20. People held in captivity, or slavery, those being trafficked.
21. People who are being persecuted for their faith, both here and abroad.
22.People who are working as missionaries showing Christ’s love to others.
23. For people who have recently found Christ who may be having difficulties.
Lord your love abounds everywhere. What would you have me do? Let me hear you more clearly. Amen
24. Love and Joy.
25. Peace and Patience.
26. Kindness and Goodness
27. Faithfulness and Humility.
29. The Spirit has given us life.
30. We must not be proud or irritate one another or be jealous of one another.
31. Remind me to listen carefully when you speak to me, and to enable me to respond graciously.
Lord I offer up my life to you yet again, forgive me for my complacency. Help me to change by the Spirit. Amen
Theme: The Church
Theme: Hallowed Be Your Name
Theme: Thy Kingdom Come
1 Our God is a mighty God who holds us in his hand. Praise him.
2 Our God is the one true God. Worship him.
3 Our God is “Daddy”. Seek his comfort.
4 Our God is the most high God. Adore him.
5 Our God knows us and watches over us. Thank him.
6 Our God will provide for our needs. Thank him.
7 Our God protects and leads us. Follow him.
8 Our God heals. Ask him.
Pray each day: Your name is higher than any other and you are Lord.
9 Ask God to work in you so you can share the Gospel and bring people to Christ.
10 Pray that your life will be a witness to Christ.
11 Pray for people you know who are close to committing to Christ.
12 Pray for people you know who do not yet see their need.
13 Pray for people and organisations working to fight evil, injustice and neglect and ask God to show you what you can do.
14 Thank God for Jesus’ promise to return to earth.
15 Ask God to help you be ready for the day.
Pray each day: Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven.
Theme: Give us our Daily Bread
Theme: Forgive our sins
16 Pray for those who struggle for food every day.
17 Pray for people who have no “next” meal.
18 Pray for people who must beg for food.
19 Pray for people for whom “good” food is not an option.
20 Pray for the work of the Foodbank.
21 Pray for people on the streets who are cold and hungry.
22 Pray for people who steal food to survive.
23 Pray for people struggling with eating disorders.
Pray each day: Feed me, Lord, in body, heart and mind.
24 When I am bad-tempered - please forgive.
25 When I let my tongue run away - please forgive.
26 When I am jealous - please forgive.
27 When I gossip - please forgive.
28 When I am economical with the truth - please forgive.
29 When I forget to rely on you - please forgive.
30 When I find it hard to forgive others - please forgive.
Pray each day: Help me to receive your forgiveness and to forgive others.
Theme: Thanks & Praise
1 The continued bombing in Afghanistan and any hope of peace.
2 Countries torn apart by war.
3 For those fighting terrorism.
4 Refugees in war torn countries.
5 Refugees who want to return to their homes.
6 The school girls who have been kidnapped by Boko Haram.
7 Hope for the future.
8 Hope in God.
Help to carry one another’s burdens and in this way, you will obey the law of Christ.
9 Praise God that he forgives us when we ask.
10 The Ascension of Jesus.
11 Thankful for the people you know and love.
12 Thankful for our homes and pray for the homeless.
13 For our town and the surrounding countryside.
14 That we can take our problems to God in prayer.
15 That Jesus died for our sins
16 ‘…You may know that you have eternal life – you that believe in the Son of God. (1John 5 v13)
But by the free gift of God’s grace all are put right with Him through Christ Jesus, who sets them free.
Theme: The Road Ahead
17 Help us not to judge others.
18 Help us also not to judge ourselves too harshly.
19 To speak as you would wish to hear.
21 Help us to welcome the Holy Spirit.
22 One year since the Manchester Arena bombing, where 22 were killed and many injured.
23 Help us to pray for those who persecute us.
24 ‘Praise the Lord, who carries our burdens day after day’. (Psalm 68 v19).
Also, thank God for John & Charles Wesley.
For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but its saviour.
25 When the road is rough and steep, fix your eyes upon Jesus.
26 To pray that all may hear of Jesus and follow him.
27 Trinity Sunday.
28 That we may all know that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are three in one.
29 For those unable to hear His word or read The Bible.
30 For the days when we feel alone or unheard.
31 Thank God for the wonderful sacrament that is Holy Communion.
Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to hell is wide and the road that leads to it is easy, and there are many who travel it.
1. Give thanks for new life
and growth all around us
2. Pray for those starting new jobs
3. Pray for those moving house
4. Thank God for the new life he brings to us
5. Pray for those facing a difficult new situation because of a bereavement or illness
6. Pray that we would be open to new opportunities to share God’s love
7. Pray for those who are new to the Christian faith
8. Give thanks that we are never too old to join in God’s mission
9. Give thanks for the older members of our church and the wisdom they bring
10.Give thanks for the old hymns that still enrich and nourish us
11. Pray for the elderly who feel lonely
12. Pray for older church members who can no longer attend church
13. Give thanks for the old bible stories that still speak to us today
14. Pray for those who are housebound
Theme: Worship and Preaching
15.Pray for guidance as we seek to share God’s love with those outside the church
16.Pray that all church members would use their gifts to the full to share God’s love
17.Pray for the Mission Action Group
18.Pray for all who help with Messy Church
19.Pray for the children’s activity days
20.Pray for the Summer Holiday Club
21.Pray for the AGM as we seek to discern how to join in God’s mission
22.Pray for Churches Together as they seek to share God’s love in Epsom
23.Pray for all who lead Worship
24.Pray for the music group
25.Pray for the Choir
26.Give thanks for those who help with sound and projection
27.Give thanks for the office staff who help to prepare services
28.Give thanks for our readers
29.Pray that we would be open to new ways of worshipping
30.Give thanks for our midweek and Sunday worship
Please join us for a short time of informal prayer between the morning services on a Sunday.
We are meeting in the Community Hall between 10.00 and 10.15, focusing on praying for the work of the church.
If this is something you would like to be part of, please just come along and join us for all or part of the time, as we seek to see more of God at work here at EMC this year.
For further details please speak to Peter Thompson or Kathryn Thompson
A Prayer Pyramid operates throughout the church for urgent prayers
We have about 35 people involved with the Prayer Pyramid so that when the Church receives an urgent request for prayer, it is possible to get these people to pray very quickly for the situation.
Please contact Carol Stringer with your requests
The white perspex box for your Prayer Requests is on the table near the church entrance
Page 1 of 2